Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering.... 10 years later

Where was I 10 years ago when the world stopped …. I was awoken by my mom, who had called to tell me the news…”turn on the tv”, she told me. Then “what happens to Matthew now?”
Life would NEVER be the same.  I so wish that we in this country could get back to the way we were on 9/12. When everyone banded together for 1 common goal.  We supported and loved one another NO MATTER WHAT!  I think too many have forgotten what happened that day on 9/11/01 10 years ago. But I certainly have not.  Because of that day, our family has been through war deployments. These are NOT the normal 6 month deployments and then you come home safe and sound. These are the deployments that you hope and pray your loved one comes back home safe and 7 months to a year.  We are lucky enough to have our husband/daddy come home safe every time. But we have had friends who were not so lucky.  But that is the toll of war.
So many good people lost their lives on 9/11. So many people stepped up and were “angels” and saved lives. So many gave their life to save others.
I have spent the morning GLUED to the tv. Watching all the news footage and names being read and reliving that fateful day 10 years ago.  I want to share this with my girls.  I want them to know how REAL this is and what our country has become because of it.  I gathered them together this morning and we sat and cried all together. My 2 oldest were only   3 and 1 at the time. But they know now.  They asked questions and cried. It became real to them watching the planes hit the towers and watching the towers crumble.  But the stories of heroism and bravery amazed us all. Some of the stories I had never heard before.
 Luckily we as a family didn’t have to go through that loss of a family member or a friend like so many did.  But that day 10 years ago made me hug my kids a little tighter and be more grateful for what I DID have.  Life can change in an instant.  We never know, so don’t take it for granted!
This video is so powerful…. Please take a few minutes to watch it



And these will never get old. I will NEVER forget!





No comments:

Post a Comment