Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day

 


What Makes a Dad

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,

He called it ... Dad                  

~~Author Unknown.~~

 I am so grateful to have the 2 Best DADs  in the world! They win the award in MY book :)


My Daddy who has been such an example to me and a strength when I need it.   But most of all my husband who is the best daddy my girls could ever want!  I am so lucky to have him in my life.
 (this is my daddy with Sydney on her baptism day)
Although this Father's day will be a sad one without Matthew here we will be thinking of him and so grateful that it just means 1 more day closer to him coming HOME :)
 (this is one of my favorites taken a few years back at Parris Island, SC)
I am lucky to call him MINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment