Monday, June 7, 2010

Remembering those....

So I am sooooo slow at posting this. Sorry.  Life has been ALOTTA busy lately. Lots of trips in the car.... (which I will be posting soon HOPEFULLY :)

Memorial day weekend we met up in Riverside with Gramma, Papa and Uncle David at the National Cemetary there. That is where my grandpa Lightbourn was laid to rest.  He served in the Navy.  He was a photographer during WWII. 
What a site as you enter the cemetary.....
 Flags were lining the streets.... I didnt get a pic of that cuz I was driving :) it was for the safety of those around me
Papa and the girls placed small flags on Grandpa Lightbourn's grave.
I am So lucky to have such wonderful parents as examples.
I know, hold yourselves back I made it into a picture :)  Yup! My dad took it this time
I loved the sea of flags all over.
Me and my girls.  Thinking about our daddy (husband). So grateful for his sacrifice.

So grateful to have been able to show my girls the Medal of Honor Memorial 

Gramma sharing in a special moment with the girls.
Have any of these names been talked about on the news?  These are the REAL hero's!  The ones who have given their lives for OUR Freedom!
Kelsee was so sweet. She just sat here and said she was thinking about her daddy :(
I sure am proud to have a MARINE for my own!  I love him and I am truly grateful for his sacrifice for our country.  

No comments:

Post a Comment