Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I LOVE saving $$$

Believe it or not is was time for Double Coupon day on the base again. 
For those of you who maybe haven't checked out my blog or don't "know" me.... I am totally OBSESSED with Saving $$$ and using coupons!  Yes I admit it.  I love finding deals. But I also LOVE sharing my deals and savings.... thus the reason for this post.

I have taught classes at church on coupon savings/shoppings and finding deals.  I have done one on one classes and have enjoyed it all!  I love sharing my knowledge with others. I have been told by many that this is my talent and I have always been told we need to use and develop our talents.
There are so MANY coupon blogs and sites out there and I admit that I follow (aka STALK) many of these kind of blogs.  But I have been using coupons and saving LOADS of money for Years and Years now!  More than I would care to say, cuz then that would AGE me :)
This past coupon day, a friend of mine, Ryalin, came along to "Learn the ways".  I don't know whether she was really prepared to save money or just coming along to watch how to do it.  None the less she saved a bunch!  She did so good for her 1st time.  I was a very proud teacher.  Her totals were  1st - $285 and she paid $103  and 2nd- $160 and she paid $47  I was so glad she came with me.  I had a good time hands on teaching......
It was also fun to get to the PX Monday morning and seeing so many of the girls from church, there with binders in hand, ready to SAVE!  
There were many comments this time from Marines who said "you are totally serious about this coupon stuff" and "that is way too much for me.  WOW! you are organized"  (yeah until Kelsee knocked my binder on the ground, by accident, and the pages went all over! Thanks Ryalin for picking it up so I could BREATHE and not go bonkers with my kid)

Just a sidenote... school is out and the girls are home.  We were getting ready to head outta town for a few weeks and totally could've left over the weekend, but there is NO WAY I could miss double coupon day (LOL) I Know that is silly but it saves my family so much money.  I am glad that my parents totally understand that and dont make fun of me. (oh cuz there are plenty of people that do) but anyways, sorry I got a little sidetracked, like ALWAYS :)  I tell you this because I did lay it all out like I always do to show ya'll my deals.  But DUHHHH I ended up leaving the camera at home and never uploaded them to my computer.  So sorry no pictures on this post until I get back home in a couple of weeks.
OK SO I DIDN'T LEAVE THE CAMERA HOME AFTERALL..... IT WAS IN A BAG IN THE TRUCK... I FOUND IT AS IT GOT DUMPED OUT WHEN A DOOR WAS OPENED! (ya not so funny.... but at least I have the camera)

But for now, My totals this month were:

1st trip - $187.41 and paid $27.23 

2nd trip - $335.59 and paid $48.56

3rd trip (Haylee did this one.... I am teaching her well!) $40.12 and she paid $0.06 

4th trip- $154.07 paid $16.43 

5th trip - $76.56 paid $8.87 

6th trip - $62.85 paid $9.86..... 

for total of $856.60 and only paying $...111.01.... 

just 13% of my total!

Thanks for letting me share.  

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Lol... I don't care if I get made fun of because I'm savig a TON of money doing it!! Awesome totals!

    ReplyDelete