Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of JuLy

Happy Birthday AMERICA....


Happy 4th of July to all you "followers" out there :)

This 4th of July was awesome... except 1 LITTLE thing.... my marine was missing from the picture.  He is still in Michigan (all by himself)  I was soooo hoping that this would be the 1st 4th of July we would have as a family in YEARS, and that it would be in Michigan.  But NOPE! That wasn't in the plans I guess.  So instead, I texted my marine a Happy 4th of July. I miss you.




Our 4th of July consisted of some cleaning, some shopping, and some chowing down!  It is a tradition that we stake out a place on the back lawn of the church out here to watch the fireworks.  It is so fun to catch up with good friends and gorge on yummy food. Of course we ALWAYS bring way too much food.  

This year was the 1st year that my baby girl (Delaney) enjoyed the fireworks.  She sat on my lap for most of it saying.... MORE COLORS. HI COLORS. OH MY FAVORITE COLORS.  Then should would clap and start all over again.  My sweet daughter Sydney was laying next to me on the blanket and just cried through the whole thing.  She is such a tender spirit.  She loves this country just like her momma does.  Kelsee was ohhhhhhh awhhhhh the whole time. and as for my 13 year old.... well I think that is all I need to say.  She covered her ears & I think her face the whole time. (I sure hope she grows out of this stage SOON!)

The fireworks were amazing!  The BEST show that Simi Valley has EVER done, by far!  It gave me goosebumps.  It sure makes me PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN and to be able to live in this FREE country and to worship as I please. I am so grateful for the men and women WILLING to risk and give their lives for that freedom.  I am lucky to be married to one of those WILLING to do so.  I love my marine and I LOVE the U.S. A.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment