Friday, January 7, 2011

This is where I came from

For Christmas my parents are giving us pictures of my ancestors... my grandparents from both sides and also my parents engagement photo.  My grandpa (my dad's dad) was an AMAZING photographer and took most of these pictures.  What a cool gift. This is where I came from.  This line of AMAZING and talented, hardworking people.  All of my grandparents are gone.  I never got to meet my grandma (my dad's mom) she died before my parents were even married.  I am amazed by their stories and their lives.
My parents always come up with the greatest gifts.  It's not the money that is important. It is the thought and the care that goes into the gift.
These are MY parents
These are my Dad's parents

(I added both of my grandma because I couldn't pick my favorite one)
These are my Mom's parents

engagement photo
this picture was taken by my grandpa (my dad's dad)


this was one the last professional picture they took before they passed away.

I come from some great people..... now I gotta just live up to their greatness.  Is that even possible??

2 comments:

  1. love them!!! Can't wait to get my own copies!!! Mom and dad were having a hard time figuring out how to make copies for Christmas. Looks like they figured it out.
    although I don't think Grandma and Grandpa Christensen's engagement pic was taken by grandpa lightbourn. I don't think they knew him then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew and I actually took pictures of the pictures while we were there and dad downloaded them to his computer. He is gonna go get them printed at Costco.

    I meant the picture underneath their engagement was taken by grandpa Lightbourn. LOL

    ReplyDelete