Sunday, January 23, 2011

TO DO LIST

I was talking with my sister the other day about all the normal "mom" duties.  I sometime get overwhelmed with it all and hardly sit in a day (except for when I am in the car..... oh and maybe wasting time on the computer)  There have been days that my marine has left at 4am and not gotten home til 8pm.  When he walks in the door, he kinda gets that look of what did you do all day?  YUP! That's right, even though I busted my tail end with laundry, picking up toys and feeding kids my house looks like I did NOTHING at all!

Anyways, getting back to the conversation with my sister.  She said that there are times when she gets that feeling from her husband (with no words ever spoken) So she writes a TO DO LIST for the next day

She even writes down the simplest tasks like getting dressed.... getting the kids dressed.... collecting all the shoes around the house, etc.  So yesterday (saturday)  I was in the TO DO LIST mode.  I wanted to show my family EVERYTHING that I actually do in our house.  Great start to the day..... My girls got up at 6:30am so by 8:30 I had done ALL the following


  • got Delaney up
  • change Delaney diaper
  • got Delaney breakfast
  • did 2 loads of laundry
  • loaded the dishwasher
  • went through all of Delaney's clothes and swapped out her clothes that didn't fit anymore (which ended up being an 18 gallon tote FULL)
  • get Kelsee breakfast
  • get Delaney dressed
  • checked facebook
  • got the kids started on their chores 
  • did another load of laundry
  • bathed Delaney
 and that WASN'T the end of my day.  I went to WalMart, went to RiteAid, and oh ya, made 2 other meals and 2 other loads of laundry.  It was a VERY busy day.

That is my life and I LOVE it!  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  But it gets REALLY hard sometimes to do all this stuff and have everyone else sit and watch TV.  Makes me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment