Sunday, February 6, 2011

Our weekend!

NO, this post ISN'T about the Super Bowl party we went to, OR the party WE had. I DIDN'T even watch the game.

What a quick weekend!  But I guess that's what happens when you spend about 8 hours of it in the car TRAVELING!  I SO wish my parents lived closer..... scratch that.... I wish we lived closer to them (who would wanna live closer to us out here in the CRAPPY desert? I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy!)

I desperately NEEDED to get away from this place for a little bit. PLUS with my marine gone for a month in Germany... no need to stick around here.  So friday I loaded up the truck while the girls were at school and we headed out, as soon as they got out of school. (which puts us smack dab in the middle of RUSH HOUR traffic on the CA freeways! Oh the joys)  But we made it without my traffic THIS TIME!
Saturday we slept in (well at least the baby and I did) I can't remember the last time I got up AFTER 830am.  Oh it was sa-weet! We spent the day shopping, having lunch at Mickey D's with gramma and papa and playing games.  So much fun.  It was a nice break. I SO wished we could've stayed longer. I LOVE being with my family.  My girls miss being able to see them often. We were there LOTS while my marine was deployed.

So after going to church and saying goodbye's we headed back home... and now here we are.  Coming home isn't fun ESPECIALLY when 2 of your kids DIDN'T do their Homework at all! Oh the joys of being a mommy.... 

1 comment:

  1. You are bold to drive to the SFV at that time!!! My hubby refuses to drive until traffic dies. I don't care much as long as they're asleep or occupied hahaha

    ReplyDelete