Sunday, July 4, 2010

My favorite Holiday.....



I have read MANY blogs late last nite & today regarding 4th of July.  Many of them have fabulous comments of how this country of ours was founded.  Some about the feelings they have for those that have fought and died for OUR freedoms to live in this free nation. They were all well put and I wish I could just ditto them all and post on here.... BUT this is MY blog and I gotta put my heart and sole into it, RIGHT?

4th of July is I think my FAVORITE holiday!  Anyone who knows me, knows I am a patriotic kinda girl! Even before I married me a Marine.... I always have LOVED this country, what it stands for and the American Flag. My clothes as a late teenager/ early adult were Red white and blue. I loved to show my pride in our country.  
My wedding colors were Red, white and blue, of course it went great with my Marine's Dress Blues!  WOW did he look good. (I wish I could add a picture here, but I am not cool enough to have scanned our wedding photos on my laptop... sorry)  
Our home has always been decorated in patriotic style.....My Marine says he is kinda tired of the red white and blue. Our bedroom decor just was changed after 12 years of the Americana.... Our bathroom matched it, so that had to change too.  My kitchen is Navy blue and white with red apples (see how I get around that LOL)  I did change my girls bathroom from duckies to Americana... I just couldnt part with the stuff.
Anyways, I LOVE this country.... I am PROUD of MY MARINE and ALL those that service to keep us FREE.   It is amazing to me though the number of people that take our FREEDOM for granted.  Have you ever read the Constitution?  I remember memorizing it in school.  It is an amazing document. Written by amazing men that were inspired by Heavenly Father.  This country was FOUNDED on religion!  Yes believe it or not, our founding fathers PRAYED!  So why can't we?  You cannot take GOD out of the Pledge of Allegience.   I believe our forefathers would Roll over in their graves if it happened. We as citizens of this great country need to stand up for what we believe in.  Thing is many many people are WAKING UP and realizing that this country is headed down the WRONG path..... led by an absolute Dork! (THAT IS MY OPINION) Those that make the choices for us... those that write the laws and vote on them, have NO CLUE!
 
I saw this on another blog and had to use it)
Many thousands of people died in perserving the freedoms of this country.  Because of them we can worship as we please.  Because of them we have FREEDOM OF SPEECH! Because of them we can be who we wanna be.

I love this country for what it was founded on.... I love this country for the freedoms we have.  I can't imagine living in a place that someone made my decisions for me.  That told me how many kids I could have. That told me how much money we could make.  That told me what to teach my girls or what religion I HAVE to be.  I am so grateful for the FREEDOM of religion. to be able to worship as I please.  To teach my girls our beliefs... to believe that there IS a GOD and HE loves us!  He Knows each of us and wants what is best for us.  That is why we were chosen to come to this great land in these days. 

How awesome it was to go to church today and to be able to sing my favorite patriotic songs... America the Beautiful and My Country Tis of thee and the Battle Hymn of the Republic.  I love you America for all you stand for.  I HOPE that one day (SOON) people will wake up and REALLY see what is happening to this country.  Let's bring it back to the way it used to be.

Please don't take your freedom for granted, I sure don't.  


This is what I am most thankful for....
My Marine
My cute girls (L-R) Sydney, Kelsee (top) Delaney and Haylee

HAPPY 4th of July everyone!.

No comments:

Post a Comment